ABOUT JEFF ROTHKOPF
Jeff Rothkopf is a Miami-based singer-songwriter who has been writing songs, screenplays, stage musicals and novels since he was six years old, and writing has remained in his blood throughout his lifetime. While he earned his doctorate in Psychology at University of Miami, he also...
* Served as the co-editor-in-chief of The South Florida Screenwriters Guild’s newsletter.
* Was the playwright, composer and lyricist for Sensations, an interactive comedy musical produced in Coconut Grove, FL.
* Wrote a promotional half-hour comedic teleplay based on Adam Steinfeld’s book, Stupid Bar Tricks.
* Was a finalist in America’s Best national writing competition for a speculative teleplay he wrote for Star Trek: The Next Generation.
* Wrote the screenplay for the 2nd place winning film in the South Florida short films competition.
From 2006 - 2018, while continuing to run and teach for his successful SAT/ACT preparation firm Higher Standards, he was also working on his Rummage Through The Junkyard album and was writing the fictional one-man musical about Junkyard Jeff that provides the framework for that album. Over the next few years, he hopes to complete an additional stage musical entitled Cracked, a follow-up CD and a dramatic screenplay inspired by a real story. He is also available to offer additional live performances of the play.
Rummage Through The Junkyard -- both the album and the play -- represent two labors of love and creativity that he is extremely excited to share with you and the world!